The Squam Lakes Association rents canoes, kayaks and sailboats to the public at the SLA Resource Center on Route 3 in Holderness, NH. The Squam Lakes offer excellent paddling and sailing opportunities, with many islands, coves, reefs and miles of protected mountain views. SLA has a trained staff to teach you the basic skills and get you on your way. Come explore the shores of Squam!
SLA has a fleet of rental boats, including Kayaks from Wilderness Systems, Olde Town, Boreal Designs, and Necky, Canoes from Olde Town and Grummen, and Sailboats from Vanguard.
Boat Rental Prices
We rent boats hourly or daily.
Days of Operation
- Memorial Day to Labor Day - 7 Days
- Labor Day to Columbus Day - Weekends Only
- Full Day is from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- NOT accepted for hourly rentals.
- Reservations must be paid in full with a credit card.
The renter will be charged for any missing or damaged equipment.
- 14 days or more notice prior to rental = full refund, less $5 handling fee
- Less than 14 days = 50% refund
- Less than 2 days (48 hours) = no refund
A late fee will be charged to boats returned late. The fee will be $20 per hour until 5:30 pm and $50 for any return after 5:30pm and an additional $50 per day thereafter.
Call SLA @ (603) 968-7336 for more information or e-mail to: Info@squamlakes.org