The Squam Lakes Association rents canoes, kayaks and sailboats to the public at the SLA Resource Center on Route 3 in Holderness, NH. The Squam Lakes offer excellent paddling and sailing opportunities, with many islands, coves, reefs and miles of protected mountain views. SLA has a trained staff to teach you the basic skills and get you on your way. Come explore the shores of Squam!
SLA has a fleet of rental boats, including Kayaks from Wilderness Systems and Necky, Canoes from Olde Town, and Sailboats from Vanguard.
Boat Rental Fees
Days of Operation
- May 22 to Memorial Day - Weekends Only
- Memorial Day to Labor Day - 7 Days
- Labor Day to Columbus Day - Weekends Only
- 1/2 Day rental is from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm, or 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Full Day is from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Additional Day is based on a return within one hour of the checkout time. All boat rental equipment MUST be picked up and returned between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm.
Season Boat Rental Boats rented out based on availability. Price includes boat and necessary equipment. Boats rented are due back the same day. Boats may be rented during any operational day.
- NOT accepted for 1/2 Day rentals.
- Reservations must be paid in full with a credit card.
The renter will be charged for any missing or damaged equipment.
- 14 days or more notice prior to rental = full refund, less $5 handling fee
- Less than 14 days = 50% refund
- Less than 2 days (48 hours) = no refund
A late fee will be charged to boats returned late. The fee will be $10 per hour until 5pm and $50 for any return after 5pm and an additional $50 per day thereafter.
Call SLA @ (603) 968-7336 for more information or e-mail to: Info@squamlakes.org