The SLA is looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals for full-time and part-time positions as an SLA Access and Grounds Assistant. This position reports directly to the SLA’s Facilities Manager and directly supports the needs of the SLA’s conservation, access, and education mission. Duties of the access and grounds position are varied, changing day to day and hour to hour. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors and provide them with information regarding the Squam Lakes area, the SLA and SLA programs, while running the SLA store;
- Process boat rental reservations and liability waivers and collect boat rental fees;
- Inspect and maintain boat rental craft and equipment;
- Instruct customers in basic canoe, kayak, and paddle board operation and safety practice;
- Maintain the grounds and waterfront area of the Resource Center.
- Must be 18 years of age or older as of May 25, 2019
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be available to work weekends
- Must have good communication skills and customer service skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working on projects independently
- Dates of position: Memorial Day weekend (5/25) through Labor Day Weekend (9/2). For those interested, the position can continue into the fall as a part-time weekend position.
Compensation: $8 per hour
All employees of the SLA receive discount on merchandise in the SLA store; personal use of kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddle boards so long as it does not impact rental use; and discounts on campsite rentals. Successful applicants gain experience with the day-to-day functioning of a conservation non-profit and build a network within the environmental non-profit field.