The Squam Lakes Association is kicking off the 2018 invasive removal effort on May 19th with a Squam Lakes Watershed invasive removal day. With locations all around the lake volunteers can help remove terrestrial invasive plants within their communities. Join the SLA as we fight back against invasive plants and make a difference protecting our region. Volunteers should sign up online by filling out the form linked above, and meet a the respective location at 9:00 am. The SLA will provide tools, safety equipment, snacks, water, and other resources. However, we encourage volunteers to bring their own, well labeled, tools if they want. For more information about the SLA's terrestrial invasive plant management program and additional opportunities to get involved click here!
- Ashland: Pedersen Conservation Easement
- Center Harbor: Belknap Woods
- Holderness: Squam Lakes Association headquarters
- Holderness: Old Bridle Path (West Rattlesnake) trail head
- Moultonborough: Unsworth Preserve
- Sandwich: Eagle Cliff Trail
More details will be sent to volunteers after they complete the sign up form. For questions or additional information about the event please contact the SLA by calling 603-968-7336.