The SLA hosts special events throughout the year. Winterfest, Spring Open House, Annual Meeting, and the Squam Ridge Race. Join us in 2017 - winter, spring, summer and fall in celebrating all the things we love about Squam!
Winterfest Saturday, February 17, 2018 12pm - 3pm
Free, fun and open to the public! Winterfest started in 1997, celebrates the beauty and wonders of winter on Squam. Bring the family to the SLA for a day of Winter activities such as ice-skating, sledding, cross-country skiing, and winter mini-golf. Play in the snow, warm up with hot cocoa by the bonfire, and retreat indoors to sample local chili from area restaurants during the SLA’s 15th Annual Chili Contest that started in 2003. Fun fact: The first Winterfests were called Bonfire Day.
Recap of Winterfest 2018!
Hundreds of people from around the region came together to celebrate the season at this year’s Winterfest at the Squam Lakes Association. It was the perfect winter day with the snow flying, pick-up hockey on the ice rink and the bonfire roaring away. Many played a round of mini golf, tried sledding or headed out onto the lake for some cross-country skiing before heading inside to judge the 11 different chili entries. We’d like to thank all of our volunteers for helping to make this year’s Winterfest such a huge success.
Your 2018 Winterfest Chili Contest Winner is:
Chili contest winners
- 2018- The Manor on Golden Pond, Holderness, NH
- 2017- The Manor on Golden Pond, Holderness, NH
- 2016- Italian Farmhouse, Plymouth, NH
- 2015 - Geeklender, Holderness, NH
- 2014 - The Manor On Golden Pond, Holderenss, NH
- 2013 - Lucky Dog Tavern and Grill, Plymouth NH
- 2012 - The Manor On Golden Pond, Holderenss, NH
- 2011 - The Manor On Golden Pond, Holderenss, NH
- 2010 - The Manor On Golden Pond, Holderenss, NH
- 2009 - Golden Pond Country Store, Holderness, NH
- 2008 - Golden Pond Country Store, Holderness, NH
- 2007 - Golden Pond Country Store, Holderness, NH
- 2006 - Winterfest canceled due to weather.
- 2005 - The Manor On Golden Pond, Holderenss, NH
- 2004 - Yankee Trail Motel, Holderness, NH
- 2003 - Yankee Trail Motel, Holderness, NH
Spring Open House - Saturday, June 10, 2017
9:00 - 11:00 am
Join us Saturday morning of Memorial Day weekend for our Spring Open House on Piper Cover. Celebrate the beginning of another wonderful season on Squam and learn about all the work that goes in to protecting this beautiful place. After the open house rent a canoe or kayak from SLA boat rentals.
Annual Meeting - Saturday, August 5, 2017
5pm Social Hour, ask us anything!
Squam Ridge Race - Sunday, October 1, 2017 (all day)
Support the SLA trails by registering to run or hike the 5th Annual Squam Ridge Race! The 12.2 mile race is a fundraising effort for the trail network around Squam. It traverses a majority of the Squam Range crossing three summits with amazing views of Squam Lake and the surrounding watershed and has about 3000 feet of elevation gain.