Celebrate Squam Day- Summer Kick-off Event
Saturday, June 10th 9:00AM-12:00PM
Join us at the Squam Lakes Association for a family friendly event to kick-off summer and celebrate and explore all of the work that goes into conserving the Squam Watershed. From milfoil identification to an open rock climbing wall, to free kayak and canoe rentals, there's something fun for everyone! Come learn about the conservation, recreation, and educational work the SLA does in the Squam Watershed.
- Watch Millie, our milfoil removal boat, in action
- Take a free kayak or canoe out for a spin on the lake
- Open rock climbing wall: learn to tie a figure-eight knot and try to climb to the top
- Join Rebecca Hanson, Director of Conservation, on a 'Weed Watcher' morning
- Learn about camping the Leave No Trace way
- Milfoil identification: learn about invasive and native species on Squam
- Backcountry cooking on a MSR Whisperlite fuel stove -- try to make the perfect pancake!
- Trail work tutorials: what are these tools and how do we use them?
- And more!
There will be many stations set up throughout the SLA campus. If you visit every station, you will be entered into a prize raffle! Year-round and seasonal staff will be on hand to answer any questions about the education, conservation, recreation, and volunteer opportunities at the SLA. Snacks and coffee will be provided.
This event will take place at the SLA Resource Center, 534 Route 3, Holderness. It's FREE and OPEN to the public. So grab the kids and swing on by! For more information call our office at (603)-968-7336.