SLA Resource Center Staff (Boat Rentals, Gift Store & Lawn Maintenance)
(Updated February 2016)
The SLA is looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals for the SLA Resource Center Staff. Duties of Resource Center Staff are varied changing day to day and hour to hour. Below is a list of possible duties on any given day.
- Process boat rental reservations, liability waivers, and collect boat rental fees;
- Inspect and maintain rental craft and equipment;
- Instruct customers in rental craft orientation and basic instruction; ensuring safety practices are adhered to;
- Monitor the boat ramp inspecting watercraft entering and exiting the lake for invasive species (i.e. Variable Milfoil, Zebra Mussel), while informing/educating boaters about invasive species;
- Greet visitors and provide them with information regarding the Squam Lakes area, the SLA and SLA programs, while running the small onsite store, selling books, maps, and collect parking fees;
- Maintain the grounds and waterfront area of the Resource Center;
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks as required.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Director of Recreation and support the needs of the Executive Director, SLA Board and Committees. We are looking for three individuals (two full time and one part time).
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Available to work weekends
- Have good communication skills
- Have a pleasant demeanor
- Ability to work with others as a part of a team
- Be a self-motivated individual capable of working on projects independently
Compensation: $9 per hour.
Hours: Full time positions ~40 hours a week, Part-time position ~24 hours per week.
Dates: Memorial Day weekend-(5/26) - Labor Day Weekend-(9/5) (These dates are flexible for the right candidate) (This position is run 7 days a week until Labor Day when it becomes a weekend only position until Columbus Day)
Application open until position filled
Fill out application below. Position open until all positions filled.