With all of our facilities and programming, the SLA has a long list of varied needs. Often we have these needs met by generous donations from our member base. Below is a list of items that we are looking for to better support our facilities, staff and programs.
- A passenger car or minivan to help get our interns and staff around the watershed to do the work critical to maintaining the resource.
- Seasoned wood for campfires to keep invasive species like the emerald ash borer at bay and to keep the trees growing around the campsites safe from marshmallow roasting.
- Projector screen for speaking events, movies, and slideshows
- Binoculars to better see whats going on around the lake.
- 18-volt Dewalt batteries- to keep the equipment running on remote trail locations.
- Picnic tables for SLA visitors to have a comfortable lunch at while visiting the Resource Center.
- Arts and crafts supplies to tweak the imagination of the kids we work with.
- Boston Whaler and/or 25 hp four-stroke outboard to get us around the lakes.
- Snowshoes to help people explore the winter world of Squam
- Outdoor benches for a reflective moment in nature.
- New (larger) sandwich board to display upcoming events by roadside
- Yard tools for keeping the place put together and tidy
- Snow shovels and/or snow blower
- Native perennials for the long term esthetics of the resource center.
All gifts to the SLA are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. We appreciate your help!
Contact the SLA if you are interested in contributing any of these items.